Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nerves :-/

The date for the So Cal Super Spartan is quickly approaching and my nerves are starting to get the best of me this time. I'm sure it has more to do with not knowing what to expect than being afraid of the race itself. I've been trying to prepare for whatever may come and at this point all I can do is put every ounce of heart into this run. DNF is not acceptable. Unlike my fun runs where I am pushing to do better, place higher, run faster, the Super Spartan will be me against myself. There is no one else in this race other than me. I will attempt every obstacle. If I fail, I will do every burpee. Every. Single. One. I am accountable to me. If I cheat, if I go less than 150%, then I fail. Failure is never an option. I do not care how fast I finish. I do not care what place I come in. I will do this in my time. I will do this despite every part of myself that will tell me I can't. I will conquer this. And I will finish strong.

Because that's what Spartans do.

No comments:

Post a Comment